12.5.07

So to Cadwell Park 7th May




a short video to show my ill fated first race at Cadwell....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yzbQbRihkE

top start i qualified 5th for both races and then a mistake made by a fellow racer that cost me a decent position in the first race and damage, well it happens you know.
we have had worse, i cannot say it was not my fault because ultimately if i had not made that mistake on the lap before when i lost the ground i would not have been that far back in the pack to get involved but, it happened, i finished 13th after limping home with steering issues and the old duct tape came out to play again.


in-car footage of the second race.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSIycUPz_8c
the second race now that's a different animal, i had my start planned and boy did i get it right, straight from 5th to first before the first corner, i did however know that i was not going to be there long as i had car handling issues and Bradley the winning driver was quicker than me and on better tyres, so i let him through to save any problems and i could have held 2nd but thought better of the fight in a car that was not right and i needed a good score so i settled for 3rd and was not going to yield to Liam on this place come what may.
i was however very pleased to see the chequered flag as my tyres were failing me in places i was really struggling as the new tarmac on the circuit was not a pleasure to drive, it was very slippery and i cannot say i got used to it at all.

so a 3rd place and trophies to boot "yey", and a big surprise my lap times, i lapped in a 1.54 my best yet and really surprising....... in qualifying my time was a 1.55.6 in a 1.6 MK1 , and P.Mortell in a mk2 2L did A 1.55.3 .............That's only 0.3 of a second faster than me in a 2L car!